Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Forum Roleplay Shadowplay Topsites

Hi guests! Our DISCORD CHANNEL is located here! Or, feel free to ask questions in the CHAT BOX on the left side of the main page. STAFF, NAVIGATION, and other important links can be found on the top left. We are open for business, so come on over and say hello!

ADOPTABLE OF THE MONTH:
Finn Stetson * male * teenager
A loner by nature, the moody Finn and his little brother ran away from an alcoholic father when Finn was only 10, they lived on the streets or wherever they could get housing until their mother found them and left her husband. A year later Finn recieved his Hogwarts letter, and a visit from the Headmaster.
POSITION OF THE MONTH:
Gryffindor and Ravenclaw HOH
With the former Head of House getting the sack, the position, and that of the Ravenclaw HOH, are open and looking for some love. If you're curious about what all the HOH requires please seek out an Admin.
Autumn 2017: Sept/Oct/Nov
  Reply - New Topic - New Poll

» The Right Thing, Aurora/PM
Chantel Stafle
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 09:36 PM

hover up!
the basics

Position: CoMC Professor
Member Group: Hogwarts Staff
Adjective: Sensitive
Patronus: Mink
the links
ooc
Chantel Stafle

6-June 13

Date: Saturday April 8th
Time: 12 PM

Chantel slowly got ready this morning, pulling on a black long sleeve t-shirt and loose-fitting jeans. She was still nursing bruises and injuries from the camp. She knew better than to seek out help to get them healed, and so she was careful about which side she slept on. For now, she lived with her parents, and she went to a job as an office clerk where she was buried in paperwork. She expected that to be her life, really.

An unsettling realization from a few weeks ago had her up and moving despite the pain. She looked in the mirror at herself and nodded. This was the right thing to do. The only thing to do. It went against the Order's wishes, she thought. She should turn herself in. They would... It was hers.

She swallowed and whispered, "It's the right thing."

She had sent an owl along about a week ago asking to meet Aurora Nairne had her residence under the pretense of friendship. She knew it was likely owls were read, and so she had not even dropped the slightest of hints about why she was visiting. In fact, she wasn't sure the inside of the residence would be safe, but it was likely better than the middle of Diagon Alley, or her parents house.

Around noon, she stood at the gate and waited, figuring their was some sort of charm to let Aurora Nairne know she had a visitor.
PMEmail
^
Aurora Nairne
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 01:24 PM

hover up!
the basics

Position: Hufflepuff HOH, Transfiguration Professor
Adjective: Gentle
Patronus: Wolf
the links
ooc
Aurora Nairne

8-July 13

She had gotten the note by owl, not sure what to make of the message. Sure she knew Chantel Stafle…they had been together as students during Aurora’s final years at Hogwarts and held the roles of student and professor during the younger Hufflepuff’s final years. They were friendly acquaintances and even perhaps friends of a sort already. So why the wording for the meeting? Had the problems of the country set things up so much that every relationship required a double check? A search for loyalty or understanding between people.

Regardless, Aurora had accepted the arranged meeting, feeling mildly comforted by the prospect of a more private local. Surely no trouble would arise between them at her home and the spies tended to end at the gates. One of the rare privileges of her family that she appreciated nowadays. A half-way decent day, the professor wandered out on the grounds when notice was received of her visitor’s arrival, letting Chantel in herself.

“Good day, Miss Staf—Chantel,” she greeted, stepping back with open arm for her companion to enter and trying not to feel silly.Her skirts swirling at her calves above her boots in her movements. She guessed by her own stumbling, they would decide to which name was more fitting.
PM
^
Chantel Stafle
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 08:03 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Chantel Stafle

6-June 13

Chantel stiffened involuntarily at the use of her last name. That was what people at the camps called her. "Chantel, please," she said with a small smile.

"Would you mind if we spoke inside?" Chantel asked softly, her eyes clearly distracted. She was having a hard time focusing. She followed Aurora into the house, doing her best to keep pace with the slightly older woman. There was a good bruise on her thigh that gave her trouble, but she knew it was her duty to wear it as a symbol of pride in becoming reformed.

"I need your help," she said once they were inside. She looked down at her feet, not at the woman who had helped her sometimes before. In her mind, this was bigger than anything she had asked before. Getting caught in this could get them both killed.
PMEmail
^
Aurora Nairne
 Posted: Aug 19 2017, 10:08 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Aurora Nairne

8-July 13

Well that reaction made Aurora sure that she wouldn't be calling the younger woman by her family name, whatever the reasoning behind it. She didn't want to cause any discomfort needlessly. "Chantel..." she echoed with a nod, showing her acceptance of her preference.

As for the request they move inside... "Of course not," the professor remarked, moving to close the gate behind Chantel before taking the lead across the front walk towards the house. She much preferred the familiar walls of her family estate nowadays anyway for the comfort in a crazed world outside. About to play host and offer her guest a respite when Chantel spoke up again causing her to pause.

Help...

...that could mean a whole slew of things.

Aurora took the chance to get a better look on her companion, trying to read her. A companion that was currently looking down at the floor as if unable to bring herself to look at Aurora straight in the eye for whatever conversation was to follow. "What kind of help?" she asked, testing the waters. Normally she was the ever helpful one if it was within her perview. But her perview had become less and less over time.
PM
^
Chantel Stafle
 Posted: Aug 20 2017, 03:25 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Chantel Stafle

6-June 13

Chantel kept her eyes trained on her shoes. This was a big favor and maybe unfair of her to ask Aurora, but she didn't know anyone else who was more likely to know the spells.

"I'm pregnant," Chantel said quietly, not wishing to be overheard by anyone, even those who may or may not be within the manor. Aurora would likely know that Chantel wasn't married, that this wasn't allowed, and that her options here were severely limited.

"I'm about two months along. I'll probably start showing soon. Do you know any spells to cover the-my stomach. When it does?" she kept her head bowed.

"I understand if you'd rather me leave now. I won't think less of you and understand. If you decide to help, I won't ask for anything else from you. Not because I don't want to, but because I'm watched carefully, and it might alarm them if I am near you often. I'm sorry to ask this of you. I want to do what the Order wants, but..."

Aurora Nairne
PMEmail
^
Aurora Nairne
 Posted: Aug 22 2017, 07:00 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Aurora Nairne

8-July 13

She was pregnant…

Aurora truly wasn’t expecting that response. And truth be told, she wasn’t quite sure what to say at first, the professor moving to take a seat to cover her silence for a moment or two. She nodded absently as Chantel spoke of how far along she was and gave the elder Hufflepuff a good idea on just why the younger had reached out to her. “None of that…” she finally said, breaking her silence and waving off her companion’s talk of being turned out. She wasn’t heartless and cold to the situation Chantel found herself in.

“For what good is the means to help and not actually using it.” It was a rhetorical comment as her mind went over the situation and the implications. An acquaintance was in trouble…someone still challenging the unfair rules set forth on the British wizarding world, especially the females. And given Aurora wasn’t aware of her companion being in a relationship that would normally lead to a happy pregnancy, she feared the creators of said rules had some sort of role in the impending secret. She awkwardly coughed to cover up the desire for some strong words.

“And it’s not like I’m not already in the path of their displeasure.” As for the plans Chantel had for staying away from her, Aurora agreed with the dangers of she herself always doing the spells. Someone might catch on.
PM
^
Chantel Stafle
 Posted: Aug 26 2017, 08:19 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Chantel Stafle

6-June 13

Chantel swallowed, daring a brief glance at Aurora. "Thank you," she said softly, but there was no doubt that she meant the words. She blinked back a few tears and didn't let them fall. She got the feeling that if she started crying now she would never stop.

"Will you teach me, then?" she asked. "I'm not sure where I'll be in after the next few months. The Order has placed me in an office where I deal mostly with some paperwork. It's meant to be temporary, but my guess is that I'll still be there." It was an acceptable place for a Reformed rebel, is what she meant.

"What do you mean, their displeasure?" she asked. Chantel knew that Aurora hadn't agreed with the ideals of the Order as well, but she hadn't thought Aurora had been caught during the war.

Aurora Nairne
PMEmail
^
Aurora Nairne
 Posted: Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Aurora Nairne

8-July 13

Aurora heard the quiet words of thanks though the tears were harder to detect. “You’re welcome,” she answered just as genuinely. Granted she preferred the younger woman in front of her not have to be in a situation just as this but it couldn’t exactly be helped. “I will,” she agreed with a nod of confirmation. “With a little practice it should become quite natural.” Especially if what she remembered of Chantel’s albeit brief time as her student.

She supposed Chantel question was a testament to her managing to keep just how much of a rebel she was…that and the fact that the higher ups did their very best to keep their punishment of those caught from others. It seemed they were more interested in keeping a good image than sending a warning to those who might dare to work against them further. “I might have not been that openly a rebel…but my family as a whole was.” Not like they could help it, Nairnes didn’t just sit back, most of the time. “And while status as a pureblood can save one, it only works so far.”

“But enough of that…you sit and relax.” A horrible host she was making a pregnant girl stand without even offering a seat or beverage. The woman moving to get back up to her feet. “I’ll need to check on a book in our library and I’ll send for some tea in the meantime.”

There…a little bit better, Aurora.
PM
^
Chantel Stafle
 Posted: Sep 3 2017, 07:00 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Chantel Stafle

6-June 13

Chantel shifted her weight as Aurora mentioned that her family had been labeled as rebels. She wasn't so sure how the Order would take her being here, but she had to trade this in as one of her suspicious activities so that she could hide her baby in later months. She folded her arms uncomfortably as she got the distinct impression that Aurora was still a rebel. Her job as a reformer was to turn her in. Her job was a friend was to listen. Her job as an expectant mother was to shut up and do what was needed. She went with the last job.

"I'm sorry to hear. Are you returning to Hogwarts?"

She rubbed her arms as she took the offered seat and waited for tea to be served. She looked around the room as Aurora left, taking in the decorations. Warm and inviting. The opposite of what her life seemed.

When her host came back in, Chantel swallowed. She should say something along the lines of her being reformed. What if Aurora wouldn't help her after? She could probably find someone else. She let out a breath, deciding she would only say something if Aurora started to incriminate herself.

"Thank you," she said, taking the offered tea. Then, turning to Aurora who had the book, "Any luck?"
PMEmail
^
Aurora Nairne
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 10:49 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Aurora Nairne

8-July 13

Aurora wasn’t aware that Chantel had any misgivings about talking to her, or that she had been fully reformed after her time in camp. It honestly hadn’t come up as a possibility given her time previous with the younger woman and especially given the reason for her coming to her for help and defying the Order in a very big way. If anything, Chantel would be a woman like her, stuck suffering until opportunities of improvement came up into the thick of things.

She politely waved the apology off, not wanting to dwell on the situation. “Yes…I will be returning,” she confirmed. There was some good staying in her life, even if Aurora was sure that the school wouldn’t be the same one that had let out last June. She paused to see that Chantel had indeed taken a seat rather than protest before she left her guest alone. The woman sent a house-elf on the mission of tea before disappearing into the family library for what she needed to find.

A tray of tea stuffs was delivered to the parlour by the time Aurora returned, the house-elf poofing back to the kitchens to leave the two women along again as Chantel gave her thanks. “Indeed I did,” she remarked, reopening the book in her grasp to the right page and turning it to show the younger Hufflepuff as Aurora herself sat down. “This is the basic spell that will suit your purpose, though we’ll modify it to last longer so it needed be reapplied as often.” Certain incantations had additives to do just that.
PM
^
Chantel Stafle
 Posted: Sep 10 2017, 05:41 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Chantel Stafle

6-June 13

"That's good. I know students liked you," Chantel said, watching her host walk out of the door, presumably to find a book or spell. She looked around the room, taking in the architecture. She hadn't grown up in poverty, but her parents owned a small house, nothing like the castle she was currently inside of. She was impressed, but her outward appearance never changed. The camp had taught her to be stoic.

Sipping the tea, she watched Aurora sit down and then turn the book toward her. Chantel briefly read through the incantation, the wand pattern, and the other information for the spell. "Got anything to practice that on?" she asked. Chantel was good at Transfiguration, but not so good that she wanted to practice the spell on herself first.

"What are the modifications?" she asked.
PMEmail
^
Aurora Nairne
 Posted: Sep 20 2017, 03:01 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Aurora Nairne

8-July 13

Aurora wanted to ensure that what she shared proved flawless, any mistakes could prove quite troublesome to Chantel if not herself in the long run. Which was why her mind was racing in thoughts, double and triple checking what she knew already in her transfiguration knowledge, what was readable in the book between them, and anything else that could come to mind. As it was when Chantel questioned her for something to practice on, her blue eyes flickering around the room in search of ideas. The young woman herself wasn’t showing yet so that was out, even before one considered concern on the risk.

Finally, she reached for one of the pillows on the couch figuring to use it for its similar shape, casting a quiet engorgio on half. “Alright…” she said, setting it before Chantel. “The spell is pronounced co-ver-tus “ That part should be simple enough, the wand motion visible within the book’s pages.

“Tempus duo would be the most useful, lengthening the time the spell is ensured to work, usually 72 hours, to double.” The less often it had to be reapplied would no doubt be helpful, especially if something kept her companion from doing so for whatever reason. “So roughly 2 times a week it would need to be cast. You can do more often as it won’t have any negative effect, but it shouldn’t be required.” As she slipped into her element, Aurora hoped she wasn’t overwhelming Chantel.

Chantel Stafle
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options Reply - New Topic - New Poll

» Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Welcome To The Apocalypse Wizarding Realm Lux Falls Oculi Videntium Deep in the Meadow Game of Thrones: Fire and Fury Wild Whispers V2 The Numora Region Fresh! Re-Bye Crossfire Make Your Lovely Fate Fallen Kismet RPG Directory THE WILD SIDE || warrior cat rp  Pandorica Extremis Academy X (X-Men) Teritus Finite Incantatem | Modern OC HP Seito Institute Pandora 

• s
  • h
  • o
  • u
  • t
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Full Shoutbox Page
  • d
  • i
  • s
  • c
  • o
  • r
  • d
SKINNED BY MERC OF CAUTION 2.0 & ATF & ROUX & SP!