Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Forum Roleplay Shadowplay Topsites

Hi guests! Our DISCORD CHANNEL is located here! Or, feel free to ask questions in the CHAT BOX on the left side of the main page. STAFF, NAVIGATION, and other important links can be found on the top left. We are open for business, so come on over and say hello!

ADOPTABLE OF THE MONTH:
Finn Stetson * male * teenager
A loner by nature, the moody Finn and his little brother ran away from an alcoholic father when Finn was only 10, they lived on the streets or wherever they could get housing until their mother found them and left her husband. A year later Finn recieved his Hogwarts letter, and a visit from the Headmaster.
POSITION OF THE MONTH:
Gryffindor and Ravenclaw HOH
With the former Head of House getting the sack, the position, and that of the Ravenclaw HOH, are open and looking for some love. If you're curious about what all the HOH requires please seek out an Admin.
Autumn 2017: Sept/Oct/Nov
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply - New Topic - New Poll

» Chance Encounters, Jaguar/PM
Aurora Nairne
 Posted: Sep 20 2017, 03:42 PM

hover up!
the basics

Position: Hufflepuff HOH, Transfiguration Professor
Member Group: Hogwarts Staff
Adjective: Gentle
Patronus: Wolf
the links
ooc
Aurora Nairne

8-July 13

Date: September 23rd
Time: 11:46 am
Time Period: After 3rd poem piece
Weather: Breezy but warm

user posted image

She needed some fresh air. One could only spend so much time within the stone walls and cool air one both lived and worked in on a daily basis. Aurora wasn’t even sure quite where she was going…staying on the grounds, heading to Hogsmeade or apparating home…but she let her feet go as she slipped out into the sun from inside the more shaded area of the courtyard. The professor hadn’t brought a cloak as it was still fairly decent out and no matter, it was far easier to slip around in her animangus form than her normal female appearance. She absently wondered if she had more status as a wolf than as a woman before shaking her head and chasing the random thought away.

Aurora had wandered towards a more secluded portion of the grounds where she couldn’t be seen from classes. Not that the chance of a Hogsmeade weekend was missed by many. Here…here she should be okay to switch, not a fan of waiting to the Forbidden Forest. There were still dangers there for the adult or canine lupus as there was for children and her changes left her vulnerable no matter how quickly she managed them. She stopped in step when she was satisfied, closing her eyes to focus on her form to begin the transfiguration.

Headmaster Jaguar Rivera
PM
^
Headmaster Jaguar Rivera
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 01:40 PM

hover up!
the basics

Position: Headmaster
Adjective: Cynical
Patronus: Brahma Bull
the links
ooc
Headmaster Jaguar Rivera

14-August 17

Jaguar wasn't really sure what to do with himself, everything was at least almost caught up. This headmaster thing was a lot harder than he had been lead to believe.

He found himself wandering about the grounds before long, fresh air was good for the mind and soul, and before too long it would be too cold to just take a trip out without thick coats and hats.

He went over a mental check list as he wandered, but lost himself in the beauty of the castle. Suddenly a new beauty entered the picture, in an area almost cut off from the rest of the grounds he spotted Professor Nairne standing with her back to him, seemingly lost in thought.

He didn't think for a second about leaving her alone, while fresh air was good for the mind, a good conversation was too. He was soon standing a couple feet behind her, the wind picking up and playing with her hair.

"Professor Nairne, what an enchanting surprise." He had played with the idea of cupping his hands over her eyes, but didn't think they were friendly enough for that to be comfortable for her.

Aurora Nairne
PM
^
Aurora Nairne
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 02:20 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Aurora Nairne

8-July 13

user posted image

She had just felt the start of the changes when a voice speaking her name cut through her own thoughts and focus causing her to freeze in place. The animangus quickly trying to revert any differences that had threatened to develop and hoping there had been nothing the man could have noticed. The last thing she needed was her secret to be blown seeing as she wasn’t properly registered, her skill learned during the war to help keep her movements more readily hidden.

“Headmaster,” Aurora replied, turning more calmly to face him. Her hand absently reaching up as the breeze played with a strand of blonde hair that had blown around her neck to free it back to its brothers. “I suppose it is.” She wouldn’t necessarily call it enchanting but then he had had the upper hand of noticing her first so it was bound to be more pleasant. “What brings you outdoors?” she asked in hopes of appearing natural and not like the kid caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

Headmaster Jaguar Rivera
PM
^
Headmaster Jaguar Rivera
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 11:44 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Headmaster Jaguar Rivera

14-August 17

Jaguar noticed her slight change in demeanor, but just chalked it up to his surprising her. When she turned to face him she seemed perfectly calm and he didn't think anything about it.

"Ah, no one should stay cooped up in an office for long," no matter how nice said office was. "I needed the fresh air. To stretch my legs and just not look at paper for a while." He went up on his toes, demonstrating almost absentmindedly. "And you? I assume all is well in classes?"

He had heard nothing otherwise, though there were a few students he had already received a few warnings on. Mostly nonsense, but he knew a few were giving Professor Stafle a hard time - even if she wouldn't admit just how much. He wasn't blind to the students, not completely. And he had a few who would tell him if they saw someone acting out.

Aurora Nairne
PM
^
Aurora Nairne
 Posted: Sep 27 2017, 06:40 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Aurora Nairne

8-July 13

user posted image

Thankfully Jaguar didn’t see anything odd in her demeanor which seemed to confirm that he hadn’t noticed anything out of the ordinary before she had been aware of his presence. At least she hoped that was the case and not just trying to lull her into a false sense of security. Granted the man had been giving off a rather polite air around him, especially in front of her, but Aurora wasn’t sure about letting her guard down.

She nodded at his answer, getting his reasoning completely. “Understandable sir,” the professor remarked in agreement as he stretched his legs for emphasis which only made him tower over her more. He really was much taller than she was. “Otherwise the room…and the paperwork…can feel like a prison of sorts.” What with the responsibility weighing on you and all? As for his question for her…

“Same. Just going for a walk of the grounds,” Aurora said before half-shrugging. “Nothing too bad. Just the usual students at the start of term testing the waters and the limits.” Nothing for sure she felt needed extraordinary measures from him or Merlin-forbid the minister.

Headmaster Jaguar Rivera
PM
^
Headmaster Jaguar Rivera
 Posted: Oct 5 2017, 11:35 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Headmaster Jaguar Rivera

14-August 17

"Ah, yes. It can." Though he had no experience with any sort of prison setting. A walk through here or there, but not personally. He could only imagine.

"Yeah, I remember those days." He sighed, shifting on his feet. One knee was giving him a little trouble, but he'd never admit to it. Old battle wounds are to be boosted about, not gripped over. "You will tell me if they get too bad, yes?" He knew she wasn't happy with the new punishments, but still, kids did need to be at least warned of what was to come should matters get worse.

He was actually surprised when Professor Mayhew reported a student. He said it was minor, but that the problem wasn't being handled well in the classroom. It was nice to know that his staff would come to him over things and not hide the difficulties until they became true problems. Turns out a fair warning was all the child, seventeen, needed.

Aurora Nairne
PM
^
Aurora Nairne
 Posted: Oct 6 2017, 09:17 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Aurora Nairne

8-July 13

Aurora watched and heard him agree with her, a part briefly wondering just what he had been up to before becoming headmaster. Before the war too, as she had good clues as to his role in the battles of Order versus the Rebellion. Did he truly have a clue outside of the last couple of months or was he humoring her in his agreement? She supposed she’d never really know unless he told her or she dug into his history and neither appeared very likely. “Of course,” she remarked, inwardly hoping she was never in that position.
It would mean trouble all-around.

Her companion seemed to be getting antsy and she wondered if she should actually continue with the plan, albeit modified. Admittedly there were worse walking partners to be had amongst the staff, Maxwell topping the list by far. “Would you…would you care to join me, Headmaster?” she offered out of politeness, her face friendly enough as she absently pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

Headmaster Jaguar Rivera
PM
^
Headmaster Jaguar Rivera
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 12:07 AM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Headmaster Jaguar Rivera

14-August 17

She was so quiet. Jaguar wondered if it was his fault or if she was just always a quiet person. He wasn't used to quiet. The people he had grown up with were passionate about everything, and tended to show it by yelling, even when they weren't angry. They always had something to say, which made things a lot easier because you never questioned what they were thinking. They would tell you before you could even think to ask.

He found himself copying the quietness, though, and wasn't sure he liked it. He liked talking. He liked carry a conversation, having the back and forth. Getting lost off topic that leads to retracing the subjects to get back to what they had really wanted to say. That was what he was used to and most comfortable with. The silence left too much space for awkwardness. And Jaguar was not awkward by nature.

Aurora assured him she would tell him if a student was giving trouble, but he harbored a few doubts. If she were so quiet in calm conversation, would she be willing to voice problems when they arose? He could only hope. He had faith in her, she was a great teacher, the kids seemed to have nothing bad to say about her. The other staff, that had worked with her a while, hadn't voiced any issues - he worried before that maybe it was loyalty, but after watching some of them he learned they were just a close bunch. They were friends, family even. That's what he liked about it, and worried would be changed with some of the newer staff.

"I'd enjoy that very much, if you wouldn't be too bothered by it?" He looked her over, her face telling nothing but of her politeness. "I always assumed that for the teachers to be seen with the headmaster was sorta like the students being seen with the teachers. Though, I guess it does good to show the kids that the staff are good with each other." He wondered a moment about being seen with a female professor on the grounds, but a lot of the kids had gone to Hogsmeade, and those left at the castle were either studying, or off with the Minister, he believed. He wasn't actually clear on which Saturday the kids would be off with him. And others still, if left behind, would likely be prepping lunch.

"Where were you headed? Or just wandering the grounds?"

Aurora Nairne
PM
^
Aurora Nairne
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 05:02 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Aurora Nairne

8-July 13

Aurora didn’t think of anything odd with her level of talking. Those that knew her well might think it less than normal but they would also likely know that she needed to be more familiar for her to be more opening with her speech. She still had reservation about being talkative around the man before her despite the fact that she wasn’t shying away from his presence all together. He represented change from her comfort zone, a reminded of the sacrifice of the former headmaster, and the Order’s control over the wizarding world. Granted not as readily scary and dark and punishing as his ministry companion but still.

“No…it’s not a bother.” That ship had sailed when her escape had been cut off. But it wasn’t entirely the headmaster’s fault for she should have gone further before trying to change. Should have taken more precautions against being caught. As for professors and headmasters mingling. “I think it depends on the situation. And the persons involved.” No doubt more loyal professor would have no problem being around the man and talk more freely where she had to check herself. And with the letters and flowers he kept sending, he certainly had no issue being around her.

“I was just wandering…” she said as she moved to start walking again, glancing back at him wondering if he’d follow. “Let my feet or my surroundings do the choosing.” It wasn’t as if there were many students around to bring that issue into the fix. Forget the fact of what people might think of her and the headmaster spending time together.

Headmaster Jaguar Rivera
PM
^
Headmaster Jaguar Rivera
 Posted: Oct 14 2017, 01:38 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Headmaster Jaguar Rivera

14-August 17

Jaguar nodded, following as she began to move, it did depend on a lot of factors. And people would think what they might about seeing others together. He found that his mood often altered how he saw things. When he was happy, he would assume nothing amiss about a few people traveling together. When he was angry he tended to make things up. Obviously they were up to something or they wouldn't be huddled so close. He knew others must be the same way, not all, but most.

"It's good to keep an eye on the grounds, too, make sure nothing has changed. That there's nothing that could hurt anyone." Jaguar didn't remember much of the grounds, now that he thought about it. He remembered the places he had visited most often, they didn't seem to have changed all that much. Just grown.

"It's strange how so much has changed on the outside world, but things here at Hogwarts look about the same as when I was a student. Sure, the people and rules change, but the castle, the grounds. The view is almost just the same as I remember it." He looked around, taking in the view and a breath to go with it, hoping the taste of the air would help him memorize the beauty of his surroundings.

Aurora Nairne
PM
^
Aurora Nairne
 Posted: Oct 17 2017, 01:48 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Aurora Nairne

8-July 13

It was the transfiguration professor’s turn to nod. The grounds were still considered part of the school and mostly open for the students. So it made sense that it got the occasional attention. “Or no one’s there to harm anyone else.” In case the reason there wasn’t drama indoor was because potential troublemakers were awaiting the right moment to catch someone unawares out of the sight of professors. Or Ministry folk. Or school prefects like Aurora herself remembered from her school years.

“Indeed…” she agreed with a nod as they walked. The familiarity was part of what kept her willing to return to her teaching after the drama hit the fan. That and her students. “Though to be honest, between my time here as a student and my years teaching, I was only really away for my time at university.” So she was certain that in those seventeen years it definitely hadn’t changed much. “The passage of the seasons is usually the most change seen around here…especially the Scottish winters.” But even that wasn’t much different to her time at home since she had grown up there.

Headmaster Jaguar Rivera
PM
^
Headmaster Jaguar Rivera
 Posted: Oct 20 2017, 12:03 AM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Headmaster Jaguar Rivera

14-August 17

"Aye, this is true too." He was more concerned with rebels acting out against those that followed the Order, or even in reverse. He didn't want to have to get in touch with parents because little hothead Henry thought it would be funny to jink stuttering Thomas because rumors spread that his folks were in with the rebels. A parent's faults should never be placed on the children, even if sometimes the children's faults were placed on the parents.

"Oh, really?" Jaguar gladly took the offered information, it was a step, at least. Getting her to share something about herself, her past, that hadn't been revealed before. Granted, it was something most could assume. Surely she had to go off to another school before coming back to teach. It was welcomed conversation for him. "The winter still fascinates me. A child in Spain, and then growing up in London. Everything is so different, it seems."

"I spent time in America, and Florida, California. Anywhere I could have a boat. I tried surfing but balance has never been a friend to me. Or, should I say gravity." And it's hard to show off to the pretty women when you've been washed off your board before the wave even rippled the water nearest you.

"Did you enjoy university?"

Aurora Nairne
PM
^
Aurora Nairne
 Posted: Oct 22 2017, 11:13 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Aurora Nairne

8-July 13

Aurora nodded in silent confirmation of her admittance, her attention momentarily on the tweaking of their path, leading them towards in a direction more towards the Black Lake. “That had to have been an adjustment.” Most of what she knew about Spain included that it was far more temperate than Great Britain could be, especially during the winter times. The woman listened as her companion spoke about his travels, the topic giving a few hints of information on the man. It was certainly more than the fact he was a fighter in the war and whatever the papers posted that might or might not be true.

She found herself chuckling at the imagery of Jaguar trying to surf and falling into the waves. Her hand reaching up to cover her mouth when she realized, attempting some sense of decency. “Sounds…fun.” Aurora remarked as she coughed slightly, recovering and lowering her hand and hoping she could appear normal.

“I enjoyed it,” the professor admitted. “The ability to focus and dive deeper into your strengths can be quite fulfilling.” As well as a perfect way to cement in your mind what you wanted to do in your future as was the case with her university studies. Which made her partially curious as to what Jaguar actually had in his own background besides the traveling and if university was there too.
PM
^
Headmaster Jaguar Rivera
 Posted: Oct 25 2017, 08:48 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Headmaster Jaguar Rivera

14-August 17

"Oh, it was. But the thing about kids is they adjust pretty swiftly. When they are young enough.

Her chuckle caused his brows to lift, looking at her with his head slightly tipped. The fact she quickly covered herself told him it was not something she had expected, and neither did he. This was what he wanted of the staff. Free talking, laughter. It was good for the soul, the mind. And yet so many were worried about what the Ministry was doing, and how even those loyal could be thrown out on the ass in a blink of an eye.

"You've such a lovely laugh, you should let it be heard more. I know times are hard, but do they not say laughter is the best medicine?" He wasn't sure what her reaction to the words would be, so he moved with the conversation.

"Ah, yes. My brother attended college for a while. Bless him, I've forgotten what for. He seemed to enjoy it, but the family business offered more than he would have made should he have followed through. I never found anything that caught my interest too long. So I took classes to help me understand how to do business, and then for went into business school to at least ease peoples minds when they learned my position there. Not that I needed it, but should I ever need to take his position, I'm capable."

He looked around them, spotting the lake not far now. "This, this is what I love. Traveling to see beautiful sights, but knowing I've somewhere to return to. Something stable even if I can't handle it long. Did you spent time by the lake in your school years?" Questions kept the conversation flowing.
PM
^
Aurora Nairne
 Posted: Nov 3 2017, 09:19 PM

hover up!
the basics

the links
ooc
Aurora Nairne

8-July 13

Right…kids bounced back in changes as well as injuries. Though the biggest she herself had had to deal with was suddenly finding Farren thinking she wasn’t a friend for her after years of being acquainted. That she wasn’t genuine in her wanting to be there after the family tragedy the other had suffered. Aurora hadn’t been one used to others trusting her loyalty and friendship…it came with the territory of being a Hufflepuff through and through after all.

His raised eyebrows told her Jaguar had been just as surprised, if not more, by her laughter. Though while Aurora was mildly embarrassed by her reaction, the headmaster seemed more than a bit pleased over it. She on the other hand had to fight the urge to color at the compliment on her laugh. “Um…thanks.” Here she was trying to keep her distance from the man beside her other than two colleagues simply sharing a walk in the same space and he was being…nice. “They do say that.”

At least the conversation was moved on of which Aurora was grateful. She listened in earnest as they continued walking, hearing the talk of his brother and college and himself and the business. It almost was like her and her father involving family traditions. Everything seemed straightforward and neutral and not smelling like attached to a man who represented the ill in the world.

And then the lake drew the attention, a breeze picking up off the water causing her to run a hand through her hair to brush loose strands back away from her face. “I did…” she admitted, taking a deep breath. “Always seemed to be the perfect spot.” From season to season when school was in session. Even in the winter it was quite inviting when it could be frozen over and used for all sorts of snowy activities.

Headmaster Jaguar Rivera
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply - New Topic - New Poll

» Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Welcome To The Apocalypse Wizarding Realm Lux Falls Oculi Videntium Deep in the Meadow Game of Thrones: Fire and Fury Wild Whispers V2 The Numora Region Fresh! Re-Bye Crossfire Make Your Lovely Fate Fallen Kismet RPG Directory THE WILD SIDE || warrior cat rp  Pandorica Extremis Academy X (X-Men) Teritus Finite Incantatem | Modern OC HP Seito Institute Pandora 

• s
  • h
  • o
  • u
  • t
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Full Shoutbox Page
  • d
  • i
  • s
  • c
  • o
  • r
  • d
SKINNED BY MERC OF CAUTION 2.0 & ATF & ROUX & SP!